The solar plexus chakra is the third of seven primary chakras in Hindu tantrism. In its role as the third chakra, the solar plexus chakra includes those things that administer your willpower and bring you clarity about who you are.
Having balance within your solar plexus chakra is essential to feeling self-confident and to your overall sense of esteem and wellbeing in life.
Each chakra corresponds to different parts of your body and certain characteristics you have.
What Is the Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipūra)?
Table of Contents
The solar plexus chakra is known by a few different names, including the solar plexus chakra, the center of ego, the power chakra and Manipūra.
It is located in the upper part of your belly, about the level of your stomach and diaphragm, that circulates energy in and around your abdominal area, including your digestive system, nerve plexus, gastric plexuses and pancreas.
The word “Manipūra” is a Sanskrit word that literally means, “City of Jewels.” This chakra is at the center of your core ego and your will and it begins in your third developmental stage, from 18 months to 3 1/2 years.
A toddler begins to have a sense of self and an understanding that they have the ability to manifest what they want. A toddler asks for or makes demands about toys, foods and anything else they desire.
When the toddler acts entitled to their wants and erupts into tantrum when their favorite toy or food is withheld, this is the solar plexus chakra at work. The toddler’s awareness of themselves, their desires and the power of their self-will are what cause these actions.
The solar plexus chakra governs responsibility, willpower and your self-honor. Your self-honor includes generosity, courage, and your wisdom. The solar plexus chakra is a force for transformation as it brings clarity and consciousness to your unconscious primal and emotional drives.
Physically, the solar plexus chakra acts as a fireplace, digesting your food and your feelings, which get distributed throughout your system as nourishment and energy.
When your needs for confidence and a healthy sense of self are met, you will feel satisfied with your personal power and who you are in the world.
The chakras are each associated with parts of the physical body. For the solar plexus chakra, this includes your stomach, liver, spleen, gallbladder, pancreas, digestive and metabolic systems.
The solar plexus chakra connects your emotional body to your forward momentum and your manifestation of intentions in the physical world, and from this relationship you gain self-power, self-esteem, responsibility, a sense of direction, a harmonious relationship to the world, and reliability.
Psychologically, it assists you in expressing your will, cultivating your intellect, your judgement and discernment, making plans, and your attainment of wisdom.
What Are the Seven (7) Chakras?
The seven chakras are seven concentrated centers of energy in the body. Chakra is a Sanskrit term derived from the word “cakra” that means “wheel” or “disk,” and they include the following:
- Muladhara – Root Chakra: This chakra is at the base of the spine, and it is associated with the element earth. It governs basic needs for survival.
- Svadhisthana – Sacral Chakra: This chakra is in the lower abdomen, and it is associated with the element water. It controls your sense of pleasure, abundance, well-being, and sexuality.
- Manipura – Solar Plexus Chakra: This chakra is located in your upper abdomen, and it is associated with the element fire. It controls your self-confidence, your self-worth, and your self-esteem.
- Anahata – Heart Chakra: This chakra is located in the center of your chest above your heart, and it is associated with the element air. It controls your love, joy, and inner peace.
- Vishuddha – Throat Chakra: This chakra is located in your throat, and it is associated with the element of sound and music. It controls your ability to communicate, your self-expression, and truth.
- Ajna – Third-Eye Chakra: This chakra is located between your eyes at your forehead, and it is associated with the element of light. It controls your intuition, imagination, and wisdom.
- Sahasrara – Crown Chakra: This chakra is located at the top of your head, and it is associated with divine consciousness. It controls inner and outer beauty as well as spiritual connection.
The chakra system is based on these seven chakras, which are considered centers of energy. They are always in motion, and they each govern a distinct set of physical, emotional, and spiritual issues.
To activate your 5 transpersonal (outside of the body) 5th Dimensional chakras, turn on your Merkaba, and learn how to manifest from a 5th Dimensional perspective, please check out my e-book: How to Ascend to the 5th Dimension: Where ANYTHING you want, YOU GOT IT!
Solar Plexus Chakra Symbol
The symbol of the solar plexus chakra contains several images with linear meanings. The outside of this symbol is a ten petalled lotus, which symbolizes the ten pranas that are regulated by this chakra and energize the universe:
Prana (inhalation), Apana (exhalation), Udana (ingestion), Vyana (circulation), Samana (digestion), Naga (burping), Kurma (eyelid movement), Devadatta (yawning), Krikala (sneezing) and Dhananjaya (nourishing, strengthening and stabilizing the organs).
The lotus is a symbol of beauty, bliss, wisdom and spiritual awakening.
The lotus petals are often depicted with a blue hue, meant to mimic the blue of a flame, symbolic of the solar plexus chakra’s connection to fire and human consciousness.
Located inside the lotus is an upside down triangle, which represents the triad of the lower three chakras. This triangle reminds you that the lower three chakras have concentrated energy that flows upward to the higher chakras.
The solar plexus chakra has the power to purify the baser qualities of the root and sacral chakras. In this way, the triangle is a symbol of evolution and development.
The theme of transformation is also reflected in the triangle, which is symbolic of fire. The solar plexus chakra’s element is fire. Like the chakra solar plexus, fire is able to transmute forms of matter into energy.
Fire symbolizes heat, radiance, a relationship to the sun, and all forms of power — an extension of the solar plexus themes of vitality and self-direction. The triangle also reminds you that the chakra solar plexus is the place of our awakening and unfolding.
Solar Plexus Chakra Color
The solar plexus chakra is represented by the color yellow. Yellow is a color between orange (the color linked to the sacral chakra and represents emotional needs and expression) and green (the color linked to the heart chakra and represents healing) on the light spectrum.
The yellow color represents this blend of emotion and creativity put in check by self-awareness.
Yellow is the perfect color to represent the solar plexus chakra, as this color symbolizes intellect, warmth, optimism, hope, clarity and energy. The yellow solar plexus chakra also symbolizes the clear-sightedness and the celestial shining of our core being.
Where Is the Solar Plexus Chakra Located?
The solar plexus chakra is located on the spinal column in the navel region, above the sacral chakra, at about the level of the stomach and the diaphragm. This is the part of the spinal column just below the sternum.
This chakra has the role of putting you in touch with your human consciousness and helping you develop your personal power, direct your life, and manifest your intentions in the world, which is key to attaining wisdom and Supreme Consciousness.
Your sense of self drives how your life unfolds, and your solar plexus chakra houses the pearls of self-knowledge, clarity, self-confidence and wisdom.
When it is balanced, you will have a sense of wellbeing and confidence, and feel clear-eyed about how far you have come on your journey and have a sense that you can change your destiny for the better!
What Is the Solar Plexus Chakra Responsible for?
The solar plexus chakra is responsible for making us consciously aware of our true selves and dispelling fear and whatever else clouds our perspective.
It allows you to feel love, and happiness, including selflessness, respect, understanding, and goodwill. The solar plexus chakra gives you what you need to have moderation, clarity and focused and consistent effort.
The word Manipūra breaks down into two Sanskrit words: Mani means pearl or jewel, and Pūra means city or place. The solar plexus chakra is the energy center that governs your clarity of purpose, intellect and wisdom.
Solar Plexus Chakra Healing
The solar plexus chakra is the basis for how we transmute the feelings and impulses of the lower two chakras, and is strongly connected to our psyche, which affects how the other chakras function, especially in stressful situations.
As a result, if the third chakra is blocked or off balance in some way, it can impact your ability to have clarity and how you self-regulate in all kinds of situations.
It can make you react with fear and live under constant stress over worries that you will fail, be rejected, fall ill or die, and ultimately are a result of having a false belief about your self and your soul.
An underactive solar plexus chakra can make you feel powerless, lethargic, give you brain fog, and generally leave you feeling without direction and low on energy.
It is necessary to heal your solar plexus chakra so that you can fully use your power and be in harmony with the world.
When the solar plexus chakra is functioning optimally, you will feel powerful, energized, self-directed and confident.
However, when it is imbalanced or blocked, you will feel physical signs such as digestive issues, diarrhea, or abdominal pain, as well as emotional signs including depression, low energy, low self-esteem, manipulating others and people-pleasing.
In addition, blocked solar plexus chakra physical signs may include liver issues, allergies, anxiety, and fatigue.
When you heal your solar plexus chakra, you can address feelings of uncertainty, indecision, and self-doubt that prevent you from asserting yourself in the world in a way that brings self-regard and cultivates well-being.
Healing your solar plexus chakra will allow you to have self-awareness and wisdom — the “pearls” of this chakra — so you can actually convert your natural emotions and impulses into responses that have a higher vibrational energy and bring you a deep sense of self-regard and wellbeing.
It is important to recognize when your chakra is imbalanced or blocked so that you can heal it.
“This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.” You can read my full disclaimer/affiliate policy here.
How to Heal the Solar Plexus Chakra?
When your solar plexus chakra is blocked, you need to restore balance and open it so that you can feel self-love, acceptance, and the warmth of your personality rather than self-reproach, doubt and judgement.
The first step is to recognize the fearful reactions of your ego that contain the message that you are alone and “against the world” and refrain from criticizing and shaming yourself for these natural defense mechanisms.
You can do a number of actions to help remember the shining jewel of your consciousness. Take a look at the following:
- Burn Manipūra incense and essential oils: This form of aromatherapy can help relax you and put you in touch with the solar plexus chakra.
- Repeat positive affirmations about your ability to take action, and your love and acceptance of yourself: This can help you break old habits and patterns and create new ones in their places.
- Engage in postures that stimulate the solar plexus chakra, called asanas: Yoga poses that are good for healing the solar plexus chakra are the boat pose, bow pose, triangle pose and spinal twist.
- Do things that make you a little uncomfortable through trying things or taking an approach that you know is outside your usual comfort zone
- Focus on healing from feelings of victimization, powerlessness, and self-doubt with meditation: You can try this Solar Plexus Chakra Balancing Guided Meditation
- Work on developing self-awareness and self-confidence.
- Eat solar plexus chakra healing foods, such as corn, grains and any yellow foods.
- Use solar plexus chakra healing stones such as amber or citrine.
You can take these proactive steps to unblock your solar plexus chakra and restore balance to it.
This will help you feel the power and self-confidence needed to to continue moving forward and achieve your goals and aspirations, which is part of developing your wisdom and self-knowledge.
Solar Plexus Chakra Meditation
This healing meditation for the solar plexus chakra will clear and unblock your it in just a few minutes!
Whenever I need help with self-confidence, clarity, or well-being – I do this quick solar plexus chakra meditation to recharge it and get it spinning in a good direction again!
Meditation for the Solar Plexus Chakra
- Picture a vibrant yellow circle over your solar plexus chakra (in the center of your belly, just above your navel).
- Say or loudly think, “Clean and clear [Insert your name here]’s solar plexus chakra”.
- Say or loudly think, “Spin, repair, and align [Insert your full name here]’s yellow solar plexus chakra”.
- Say or loudly think, “Dear Source (or God, whatever you prefer), take all that is no longer serving me from my solar plexus chakra center”.
- Say or loudly think, “Raise the vibrational frequency of the color yelllow in my solar plexus chakra to that of a 5th dimensional alignment”.
Thank Source Consciousness for assisting you with solar plexus chakra clearing and healing! Always be grateful and respectful!
You will probably feel a huuuge release when you do this solar plexus chakra exercise! It is a great way to activate and heal your personal power! This helps me light up my inner guidance every time I do it!
Simply repeat the solar plexus chakra activation meditation for several days until you wake up feeling reestablished and free.
Many times, I’ll have to repeat the activation for 3 – 5 days before bed, before I wake up know that that chakra is spinning well again!
Solar Plexus Chakra Mantra
The mantra for the solar plexus chakra is “RAM”, pronounced (“rom”), can also be chanted as part of a meditative practice to balance your solar plexus chakra and create transformation in your life.
Here is another great free YouTube video that chants the solar plexus chakra mantra that you can follow along with!
Solar Plexus Chakra Stones
Solar plexus chakra stones are a tool that you can use to cleanse, activate, and balance the solar plexus chakra. The best stones that you can use are the following:
- Yellow Jasper Cleanses & Energizes the Solar Plexus Chakra: This earthy stone with cream, grey and yellow patches is semiprecious. It is a protective stone that will guide and safeguard you during both physical and spiritual journeys. It can be used to absorb toxins and negative energies. It works to cleanse and activate your solar plexus chakra.
- Pyrite Stimulates/Protects the Solar Plexus Chakra: This stone is better known as Fools Gold! This glittering stone is mostly iron sulphide, but sometimes it contains tiny quantities of real gold! It is used to boost willpower and alleviate anxiety. It creates connections between the chakras, blocks negative energy and is helpful to balance your solar plexus chakra.
- Yellow Smithsonite Clears and Balances the Solar Plexus Chakra: This is a mineral that has a globular pastel yellow surface. It is worn to heal childhood trauma and relieve chronic self-confidence issues. It soothes the spirit and assists with letting go of old hurts and emotions related to feeling unloved.
- Amber Clears and Balances your Solar Plexus Chakra: This fossilized resin comes in a variety of sunny hues. Its ancient energy is good for achieving mental clarity, transmuting fears and balancing both your solar plexus and sacral chakras. As a bonus, it holds the light codes of the Sun and helps with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), to keep you happier during winter months.
- Fire Opal is Great for Solar Plexus Chakra Activating: This translucent to transparent stone comes in fiery yellow, red and brown colors. They can come with or without the glittering array of colors normally associated with opals. It energizes the root, sacral and solar plexus chakras!
The best way to use healing stones is to place them as close as possible to the affected chakra. You can wear them as jewelry or place them over the chakra that needs to heal.
You can also place them around your environment, whether that is your home, your office, or even your car. These stones have energy that helps your solar plexus chakra heal.
(Taking a walk while the sun is shining while holding one of these stones close to your navel is a great way to activate your solar plexus chakra!)
I loooove this Citrine/Aventurine/Pyrite/Hematite Bracelet from Amazon that helps heal your solar plexus chakra and also helps manifest prosperity!
Solar Plexus Chakra Crystals
Crystals can help heal your solar plexus chakra and keep it in good health. They’ll unblock stuck energy in your solar plexus chakra and help to strengthen it naturally.
Crystals that Activate and Heal the Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Green-Yellow Beryl (Heliodor): A crystal of beautiful light chartreuse or yellow/green named after helios, Greek for sun. Like the sun, this sun is activating and gives you warmth, resolve and willpower. You should use this crystal when you feel burned out and need some optimism and positivity.
- Lemon Quartz: Quartz comes in a variety of colors and this bright clear yellow version is one of the best for your solar plexus chakra. It will enhance your insight and help bring balancing and clearing to your hopes and aspirations.
- Tigers Eye: This crystal draws in both the earth and sun energy, which helps your energy to be more calm and centered. It encourages you to take action and is fantastic for boosting self-confidence.
- Peridot (Study Stone): This green-yellow gemstone is known for assisting with mental focus and increasing your receptivity to learning. It assists you with releasing negative thought patterns and can guide you to learn from your past.
- Citrine: The name of this crystal comes from the French word “citron” or lemon due to its pure sunny yellow color. This is a crystal for improving the energetic warmth of the solar plexus chakra, including joy, confidence and self-belief.
- Yellow Tourmaline Clears the Solar Plexus Chakra: A honey-colored crystal that can purify negative energy and clear blockages. It brings you vitality if you are feeling indecisive and listless. Regarded for helping your solar plexus chakra by energizing you both physically and mentally.
- Golden Yellow Topaz is Great for the Solar Plexus Chakra: This crystal helps to activate your drive and confidence, it also enhances your intentions by stimulating your desire to take action. Optimism, friendship and a sense of oneness are also qualities associated with this crystal.
I looove this beautiful Lemon Quartz Cluster from Amazon!
You can use your crystals by holding them in your hand. Imagine your solar plexus chakra, and see the yellow light from it as it grows stronger from the strength of the crystal.
You can hold these crystals in your hands, your pockets, or place them on your body. You can place them around your house or wear them as jewelry.
You can even make a belt that includes these crystals or place them on your belly during savasana in yoga. Having them close to you will help your solar plexus chakra to heal and activate.
This 7 Orgonite Chakra Crystal Set contains a great stone for each chakra center and is great to pull out when your chakras need balancing!
Solar Plexus Chakra Essential Oils
Aromatherapy is an excellent way to unblock your solar plexus chakra. You can use essential oils specifically blended for the solar plexus chakra or any blend of oils including the following:
- Clary Sage
- Bergamot – Bergamot Essential Oil is uplifting, relaxing, and releases negativity.
- Cedarwood – Cedarwood increases energy to the solar plexus and improves focus.
- Ginger – Ginger is ideal for the support of the solar plexus chakra since it is soothing and relieves anxiety, but also stimulates courage and self-confidence!
What Foods Are Good for the Solar Plexus Chakra?
There are certain foods that you can eat to nourish your solar plexus chakra and keep it healthy, including the following solar plexus chakra foods:
- Anything yellow, including squash, golden beets, lemons, corn, pineapple, bananas, golden kiwi.
- Spicy Foods
- Grains (rice, quinoa, millet)
- Herbal Teas (especially try dandelion tea, or make your own lemon-ginger infusion!)
- Turmeric, goldenrod, marshmallow, slippery elm, mint, fennel
Solar Plexus Chakra Affirmations
You can say positive affirmations to balance your solar plexus chakra. Try any of the following:
- I trust my intuition.
- I follow my inner guidance.
- I accept myself.
- I am focused and inspired.
- I am powerful.
- I honor my differences.
- My mind is clear.
- I know what I need.
- The world has room for everyone to be themselves.
- I am motivated to succeed.
- Everyone is entitled to be different.
- My work has ease and flow.
- I have enough enthusiasm to make my dreams a reality.
- I am confident.
- I am enough.
Stating these affirmations will help you reaffirm or incorporate them into your being over time.
Here’s a guided version of additional Solar Plexus Chakra – Affirmations for Chakric Health – that demonstrates the accompanying Hakini Mudra!
My guides have told me that the “Spoken word is very powerful!” Use these solar plexus chakra affirmations often to stay focused, confident, and to maintain direction during confusing times.
What Frequency Is the Solar Plexus Chakra?
The solar plexus chakra has a frequency of 528Hz. This tone has deep healing. It is reputed to heal and transform by altering DNA. You can access a free YouTube solar plexus chakra frequency video here.
Solar Plexus Chakra Tibetan Singing Bowl
Tibetan singing bowls produce the sound frequencies that resonate with each chakra in the body. They have been used for centuries to heal, align and balance the 7 chakras.
This Vibrant Yellow Solar Plexus Chakra Quartz Crystal Tibetan Singing Bowl will help heal and balance your solar plexus chakra! I am looking to slowly collect them all because their energy and chakra support is undeniable!
There are also cheaper, smaller, metal Tibetan Singing Bowls available, but I loove the pure sound, beautiful quartz crystal ones!
How Do You Know When Your Solar Plexus Chakra Is Open?
You know that your solar plexus chakra is open when you have a sense of direction and feel forward momentum around your desires and intentions.
You feel powerful because you know you have the enthusiasm, drive, and focus to achieve your goals. Learning new things related to your career, family, relationships or your own awakening feels enjoyable!
The arrival of prosperity is filled with happiness because it is the result of honoring both yourself and others. This means you are able to enjoy all the fruits — physical, material and spiritual — of your labors!
You make decisions with clarity when your solar plexus is open, and without anxiety, worry or fear. You feel enthused about life.
When your solar plexus chakra is open you are comfortable with yourself. You exercise self-will and are able to self-correct when something needs more work.
Respect for others and a strong sense of your own identity allows you to have healthy and fulfilling relationships.
You see and approach life through the light of wisdom, which means the energy behind things like envy, greed and pride are transformed into goodwill, moderation, and generosity.
Your wisdom and sense of self allow you to be a force of influence in the world!
Related Posts You May Like:
- The Fastest Way to Open Your Third-Eye Chakra
- EARTH STAR Chakra (Activate your “Billionaire Chakra”)
- Root Chakra (Complete HEALING Guide)
- SACRAL Chakra (Stones, Healing & Affirmations)
- The Definitive Guide to Decalcifying the Pineal Gland
- Ascension Symptoms 2020 (Ease your Spiritual Awakening Sickness)
Do you have root chakra healing issues? Have you tried any of the above methods to heal, balance, unblock or manifest with your root chakra? Do you have any advice or extra tips to add about the root chakra? Your comments help everyone else who is struggling! Please like us on social media, share, or comment below!
References for Solar Plexus Chakra (Complete HEALING Guide)
Ancillette, M. 9 Healing Crystals and Stones for the Solar Plexus Chakra. Retrieved 8 30, 2020 from https://angelgrotto.com/crystals-stones/solar-plexus-chakra/#tab-con-14.
Casavant, M. Learn the Meaning Behind Each Chakra Symbol in this Quick Guide. Retrieved 8 26, 2020 from https://yogiapproved.com/om/chakra-symbols-yoga/
Johnson, J.(2016). Tips on Balancing the Solar Plexus Chakra. Retrieved 8 31, 2020 from https://theherbalacademy.com/tips-on-balancing-the-solar-plexus-chakra/.
Maheshwarananda, Parahmhans Swami, Chakras. Retrieved 8 26, 2020 from https://chakras.net/energy-centers/manipura
Prana. Retrieved 8 27, 2020 from https://yogaindailylife.org/system/en/the-spiritual-background/prana.
Oakes, L. Healing Crystals for You. Retrieved 8 31, 2020 from https://healing-crystals-for-you.com
Ram. Retrieved 8 31, 2020 from https://yogapedia.com/definition/9327/ram
Sebastian, S., Solar Plexus Chakra Color Meanings. Retrieved 8 26, 2020 from https://chakra-anatomy.com/solar-plexus-chakra-colors.html
Yugay, I. Everything You Need to Know about the Solar Plexus Chakra, Retrieved 8 27, 2020 from https://blong.mindvalley.com/solar-plexus-chakra.