The sacral chakra is the second of seven primary chakras in Hindu tantrism. In its role as the second chakra, the sacral chakra includes those things that regulate your desires and bring emotional stability in your life. Having balance within your sacral chakra is essential to feeling abundance and your overall sense of well-being in life.
Each chakra corresponds to different parts of your body and certain characteristics you have.
What Is the Sacral Chakra (Svadhisthana)?
The sacral chakra is known by a few different names, including the sacral chakra, the center of sexuality, and Svadhisthana. It is located in your lower abdomen, above your spleen and about two inches below your belly button that circulates energy in and around your pelvic area, including your reproductive organs, bladder, kidneys and lumbar region.
The word “Svadhisthana” is a Sanskrit word that literally means, “residence of the self.” This chakra is at the center of your feelings, pleasure, connection and it begins in your second developmental stage, from 6 months to 2 years.
A toddler will search to be held when she wants comfort. Or will look for colorful objects that bring her fun. A toddler smiles and laughs when she is pleased and cries when she is sad. This is the sacral chakra at work, the toddler’s primal instincts for finding connection and pleasure are what cause these actions.
The sacral chakra governs feelings, sensuality, and your joy of life. Your joy of life includes exploration, experiencing life’s pleasures, and your creative expression. The sacral chakra is a driving force of life since it spurs learning and creativity. Learning and creativity are grounded in experiencing the world with your senses, which then produces an emotional reaction.
When your needs for pleasure and creativity are met, you will feel abundant and emotionally balanced.
The chakras are each associated with parts of the physical body. For the sacral chakra, this includes your gonads, lumbar region, pelvis, uterus, kidneys, and circulatory and lymphatic systems.
The sacral chakra connects your emotional body to the physical world, and from this connection you gain motivation for learning, self-expression, emotional expression, relating to others and procreation.
Psychologically, it assists you in development of your relationship to inner and outer worlds, your ability to relate to others, your emotional regulation, and your self-expression.
What Are the Seven (7) Chakras?
The seven chakras are seven concentrated centers of energy in the body. Chakra is a Sanskrit term derived from the word “cakra” that means “wheel” or “disk,” and they include the following:
- Muladhara – Root Chakra: This chakra is at the base of the spine, and it is associated with the element earth. It governs basic needs for survival.
- Svadhisthana – Sacral Chakra: This chakra is in the lower abdomen, and it is associated with the element water. It controls your sense of pleasure, abundance, well-being, and sexuality.
- Manipura – Solar Plexus Chakra: This chakra is located in your upper abdomen, and it is associated with the element fire. It controls your self-confidence, your self-worth, and your self-esteem.
- Anahata – Heart Chakra: This chakra is located in the center of your chest above your heart, and it is associated with the element air. It controls your love, joy, and inner peace.
- Vishuddha – Throat Chakra: This chakra is located in your throat, and it is associated with the element of sound and music. It controls your ability to communicate, your self-expression, and truth.
- Ajna – Third-Eye Chakra: This chakra is located between your eyes at your forehead, and it is associated with the element of light. It controls your intuition, imagination, and wisdom.
- Sahasrara – Crown Chakra: This chakra is located at the top of your head, and it is associated with divine consciousness. It controls inner and outer beauty as well as spiritual connection.
The chakra system is based on these seven chakras, which are considered centers of energy. They are always in motion, and they each govern a distinct set of physical, emotional, and spiritual issues.
To activate your 5 transpersonal (outside of the body) 5th Dimensional chakras, turn on your Merkaba, and learn how to manifest from a 5th Dimensional perspective, please check out my e-book: How to Ascend to the 5th Dimension: Where ANYTHING you want, YOU GOT IT!
Sacral Chakra Symbol
The symbol of the sacral chakra contains several images with linear meanings. The outside of this symbol is a six petalled lotus, which symbolizes the six obstacles you face on the path of development: anger, hate, greed, jealousy, cruelty, and laziness.
The lotus is also a symbol for the cycle of birth, death, and rebirth.
Located inside the lotus is a circle, which represents water. This circle reminds you the sacral chakra is fluid and has a relationship to the world that fluctuates.
The cyclical and fluid themes of the sacral chakra, the crescent moon superimposed on the circle is another reminder of the sacral chakra’s cycling. The moon symbolizes the tides, feelings and the female cycle — an extension of the sacral theme of fluctuations and cycling phases. The moon also reminds you that the chakra sacral holds the feelings and sensations of our subconscious.
Sacral Chakra Color
The sacral chakra is represented by the color orange. Orange is the color that blends red (the color linked to the root chakra and represents basic needs) and yellow (the color linked to the solar plexus chakra and represents the center of being). The orange color represents this blend of primitive needs tempered by intellect.
Orange is the perfect color to represent the sacral chakra, as this color symbolizes activity, joy, hope, enthusiasm, emotion and optimism. The orange sacral chakra also symbolizes activity and strength.
Where Is the Sacral Chakra Located?
The sacral chakra is located about an inch above the root chakra between the coccyx and the sacrum. This is the lower part of the spinal column near where the small of the back and the buttocks meet.
This chakra has the role of mastering the energy of your basic instincts and eventually helping you transcend them, which is key for transformation.
Emotions inform and drive your actions, and your sacral chakra houses the emotional energy of your every experience. When it is balanced, you will feel well-being and a sense of your destiny changing for the better!
What Is the Sacral Chakra Responsible for?
The sacral chakra is responsible for bringing energy and enrichment to your life. It motivates you to take part in pleasurable activities, inclduing sex, intimacy and creation. The sacral chakra gives you what you need to be inspired, learn and enjoy life.
The word Svadisthana breaks down into two Sanskrit words: Sva means “one’s own,” and Adisthana means “dwelling place” or “home.” The sacral chakra is the energy center that governs your emotions, desire, sexuality and relationships.
Sacral Chakra Healing
The sacral chakra is the basis for how we “feel” the world, and is the home of our subconscious, which affects how the other chakras function.
As a result, if the second chakra is blocked or off balance in some way, it can impact your unconscious motives and how you react to all kinds of situations.
It can make you indulge in substances and behaviors that deliver a hit of pleasure in the moment, but ultimately aren’t good for your body or soul.
An underactive sacral chakra can make you overly focused on practical matters, without ever allowing yourself guilt-free rewards, fun or joy.
It is necessary to heal your sacral chakra so that you can fully enjoy life.
When the sacral chakra is functioning optimally, you will feel energized, creative and emotionally stable. However, when it is imbalanced or blocked, you will feel physical signs such as chronic low back pain, hormone imbalances, or problems with the reproductive organs, as well as emotional signs including mood swings, creative blocks, sexual dysfunction and compulsions.
In addition, blocked sacral chakra physical signs may include obesity, depression, anxiety, and restlessness.
When you heal your sacral chakra, you can address feelings of lack, disconnection, and behaviors that prevent you from meeting your needs for delight and emotional well-being.
Healing your chakra will allow you to see what goes on in your subconscious, so you can understand your reactions, motives and actions and foresee how they affect your future. It is important to recognize when your chakra is imbalanced or blocked so that you can heal it.
“This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
How Do I Unblock the Sacral Chakra?
When your sacral chakra is blocked, you need to restore balance and open it so that you can feel connected to the world and experience life without feeling self-conscious, guilty or out of control. The first step is to honor your body and get in touch with your emotions. You can achieve this through a number of actions. Take a look at the following:
- Burn Svadhisthana incense and essential oils: This form of aromatherapy can kindle and balance emotions.
- Repeat positive affirmations about your body and living with healthy boundaries: This can help you break old habits and patterns and create new ones in their places.
- Engage in postures that stimulate the sacral chakra, called asanas: Yoga poses that are good for healing the sacral chakra are the cobra pose, dancer’s pose, revolved triangle pose and extended side angle pose.
- Reconnect with your sense of play through drawing, cooking, gardening, trying your hand at making something new or go dancing!
- Focus on healing from feelings of self-judgement and guilt with meditation: You can try this Sacral Chakra Balancing Meditation
- Work on developing self-acceptance and self-awareness.
- Eat sacral chakra healing foods, such as fish, nuts and any orange foods.
- Use sacral chakra healing stones such as amber or beryl.
You can take these proactive steps to unblock your sacral chakra and restore balance to it.
This will help you have the desire and motivation to continue moving forward and focusing on the things you need for intimacy and self-acceptance.
Sacral Chakra Healing Meditation
This healing meditation for the sacral chakra will clear and unblock your it in just a few minutes!
Whenever I need help with creativity, relationships, or well-being – I do this quick sacral chakra meditation to recharge it and get it spinning in a good direction again!
Meditation for the Sacral Chakra
- Picture a vibrant orange circle over your sacral chakra (in the center of your pelvis).
- Say or loudly think, “Clean and clear [Insert your name here]’s sacral chakra”.
- Say or loudly think, “Spin, repair, and align [Insert your full name here]’s orange sacral chakra”.
- Say or loudly think, “Dear Source (or God, whatever you prefer), take all that is no longer serving me from my sacral chakra center”.
- Say or loudly think, “Raise the vibrational frequency of the color orange in my sacral chakra to that of a 5th dimensional alignment”.
Thank Source Consciousness for assisting you with sacral chakra clearing and healing! Always be grateful and respectful!
You will probably feel a huuuge release when you do this sacral chakra exercise! It is a great way to activate and heal your sensuality! This helps me with creativity every time I do it!
Simply repeat the sacral chakra activation meditation for several days until you wake up feeling better.
Many times, I’ll have to repeat the activation for 3 – 5 days before bed, before I wake up know that that chakra is spinning well again!
Sacral Chakra Mantra
The mantra for the sacral chakra is “VAM”, pronounced (“vum”), can also be chanted as part of a meditative practice to balance your sacral chakra and create transformation in your life.
Here is another great free YouTube video that chants the sacral chakra mantra that you can follow along with!
Sacral Chakra Stones
Sacral chakra stones are a tool that you can use to activate, balance, and cleanse the sacral chakra. The best stones that you can use are the following:
- Orange Carnelian Cleanses & Activates the Sacral Chakra: This translucent orange stone comes in orange shades from salmon-orange to brown, and it is a semiprecious stone. It represents leadership, courage and passion. It can be used to cleanse and activate your sacral chakra.
- Coral Heal/Balances the Sacral Chakra: This stone is an earthy reddish/orange color, and it is semiprecious. It used to heal your sacral chakra.
- Snowflake Obsidian Clears and Balances the Sacral Chakra: This stone is black obsidian with white mineral “snowflake” patterns, and it is also semiprecious. It is worn to draw up emotions and heals old karma. It assists with balancing the mind and spirit, and bringing centering to chaotic situations.
- Goldstone is Great for Sacral Chakra Balancing: This stone is gorgeous and is red brown to orange. It’s made of copper and glass and its man made origins date back to medieval monasteries, and is used for personal development, and it is used to calm and balance your sacral chakra.
- Amber Activates and Balances your Sacral Chakra: This fossilized resin typically comes in a variety of sunny orange and brown hues. Its ancient energy is good for eliminating fears and balancing your sacral chakra. As a bonus, it holds the light codes of the Sun and helps with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), to keep you happier during winter months.
The best way to use healing stones is to place them as close as possible to the affected chakra. You can wear them as jewelry or place them over the chakra that needs to heal.
You can also place them around your environment, whether that is your home, your office, or even your car. These stones have energy that helps your sacral chakra heal.
(Placing these stones in your pockets is a great way to get them close to your sacral chakra!)
Sacral Chakra Crystals
Crystals can help heal your sacral chakra and keep it in good health. They’ll unblock stuck energy in your sacral chakra and help to strengthen it naturally.
Crystals that Activate and Heal the Sacral Chakra:
- Orange Calcite: This is a deep orange or orange/yellow crystal, and it’s emotionally encouraging and helps you to reach your full potential. You should use this crystal when you feel a lot of negativity or a lack of willpower.
- Orange Moonstone: Although moonstone comes in a variety of colors, you should use an orange version for the sacral chakra. It will help enhance creativity and love in your relationships.
- Tigers Eye: This crystal draws you to the earth via the root chakra, and it helps your energy to be more calm and centered. This allows you to release fears and take action.
- Aragonite Star Clusters (The Conservationist Stone): These clusters of pale to bright orange crystals look like orange starbursts, and they will help you release intense emotions, including anger, stress and resentment.
- Sunstone: The name of this crystal comes from the way it sparkles, thanks to sparkling inclusions distributed throughout. This is a crystal for improving the energetic qualities of the sacral chakra, including leadership and confidence.
- Orange Kyanite Activates the Sacral Chakra: This is the crystal of creativity. It stimulates your artistry and can bring about new talents, it helps your sacral chakra by clearing dysfunctional sexual energies.
- Tangerine Quartz is Great for the Sacral Chakra: This crystal helps to activate your creativity and also enhances self-understanding and self-worth. It enhances playfulness, curiosity, courage and relational reciprocity.
You can use your crystals by holding them in your hand. Imagine your sacral chakra, and see the orange light from it as it grows stronger from the strength of the crystal.
You can hold these crystals in your hands, your pockets, or place them on your body. You can place them around your house or wear them as jewelry.
You can even make a belt that includes these crystals. Having them close to you will help your sacral chakra to heal and activate.
This 7 Orgonite Chakra Crystal Set contains a great stone for each chakra center and is great to pull out when your chakras need balancing!
Sacral Chakra Essential Oils
Aromatherapy is an excellent way to unblock your sacral chakra. You can use essential oils specifically blended for the sacral chakra or any blend of oils including the following:
- Ylang Ylang
- Clary Sage
- Bergamot – Bergamot Essential Oil is uplifting, relaxing, and encourages the release of repressed emotions in your sacral chakra.
- Jasmine – Jasmine is perfect for the support of the sacral chakra since it has aphrodisiac properties and awakens layers of the soul leading to profound emotional effects!
What Foods Are Good for the Sacral Chakra?
There are certain foods that you can eat to nourish your sacral chakra and keep it healthy, including the following Sacral Chakra Foods:
- Anything orange, including carrots, tangerines, papaya, pumpkin, oranges, butternut squash mangoes, sweet potatoes, apricots, nectarines and peaches.
- Anything watery (teas, soups, broth)
- Cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla, carob, coriander
Sacral Chakra Affirmations
You can say positive affirmations to balance your sacral chakra. It is important for the sacral chakra that you feel the positive emotional state related to the affirmation as you say it. Try any of the following:
- I feel safe.
- I feel joy and passion.
- I allow pleasure.
- I enjoy my body.
- I am creative and inspired.
- I honor my emotions.
- My body is a source of joy.
- I allow myself to feel the present moment.
- My relationships are healthy and satisfying.
- I can voice my thoughts and feelings.
- My sexuality is sacred.
- Creating is my right.
- I am at peace with myself.
Stating these affirmations will help you reaffirm or incorporate them into your being over time.
Here’s an additional 20 Sacral Affirmations for Balancing the Sacral Chakra and 50 Sacral Affirmations for Healing.
My guides have told me that the “Spoken word is very powerful!” Use these sacral chakra affirmations often to stay creative, emotionally balanced, and confident through difficult times.
What Frequency Is the Sacral Chakra?
The sacral chakra has a frequency of 417Hz. This is the tone that removes and undoes negative thought patterns and brings change. You can access a free YouTube sacral chakra frequency video here.
Sacral Chakra Tibetan Singing Bowl
Tibetan singing bowls produce the sound frequencies that resonate with each chakra in the body. They have been used to centuries to heal, align and balance the 7 chakras.
This Vibrant Orange Sacral Chakra Quartz Crystal Tibetan Singing Bowl will help heal and balance your sacral chakra! I am looking to slowly collect them all because their energy and chakra support is undeniable!
There are also cheaper, smaller, metal Tibetan Singing Bowls available, but I loove the pure sound, beautiful quartz crystal ones!
How Do You Know When Your Sacral Chakra Is Open?
You know that your sacral chakra is open when you feel abundant and have feelings of wellness about your life and body.
You enjoy creating and you tackle writing, cooking or craft projects with ease, and you are able to play and take joy in the pleasure of creation. You are motivated to try new things and don’t worry about failure or the potential of failure.
You feel energized and enthused about life, and you enjoy taking risks and learning. When your sacral chakra is open, you honor your body and your physical and emotional needs. Your relationships feel fulfilling, have healthy boundaries, and are unself-conscious. You welcome change and have the motivation to move forward. You feel joyous about experiencing the world and all that life has to offer.
Do you have sacral chakra healing issues? Have you tried any of the above methods to heal, balance, unblock or manifest with your sacral chakra? Do you have any advice or extra tips to add about the sacral chakra? Your comments help everyone else who is struggling! Please like us on social media, share, or comment below!
Related Posts You May Like:
- ROOT Chakra (Healing, Balancing & Manifesting)
- EARTH STAR Chakra (Activate your “Billionaire Chakra”)
- The FASTEST Way to Open your THIRD-EYE Chakra
- The DEFINITIVE Guide to Decalcifying the PINEAL GLAND THIRD EYE
References for Sacral Chakra (Stones, Healing & Activation)
7 Amazing Benefits of 417 Hz Solfeggio Frequency that You Should Definitely Know. Retrieved 8 15, 2020 from https://meditativemind.org/7-amazing-benefits-of-417-hz-solfeggio-frequency-that-you-should-definitely-know/
Ancillette, M. Which Are The Best Healing Stones and Crystals for the Sacral Chakra? Retrieved 8 13, 2020 from https://angelgrotto.com/crystals-stones/sacral-chakra/
Fondin, M. (2014). Awaken Your Creativity Chakra: Svadhisthana. Retrieved 8 14, 2020 from https://chopra.com/articles/awaken-your-creativity-chakra-svadhisthana.
Snyder, S. (2017). Chakra Tune-Up: Intro to the Svadhisthana. Retrieved 8 14, 2020 from https://www.yogajournal.com/yoga-101/intro-sacral-chakra-svadhisthana.
Maheshwarananda, Parahmhans Swami, Chakras. Retrieved 8 13, 2020 from https://chakras.net/energy-centers/svadhishthana
Oakes, L. Healing Crystals for You. Retrieved 8 15, 2020 from https://healing-crystals-for-you.com
Sebastian, S., Sacral Chakra – Svadhisthana. Retrieved 8 12, 2020 from https://chakra-anatomy.com/sacral-chakra.html
What is the Sacral Chakra? Retrieved 8 12, 2020 from https://chakras.info/sacral-chakra
The Complete Guide to the 7 Chakras – For Beginners, Retrieved 8 12, 2020 from https://blong.mindvalley.com/7-chakras/#headline2 Svadisthana. Retrieved 8 13, 2020 from https://yogapedia.com/definitions/5521/svadisthana