Thanksgiving Day is just around the corner, and whether you’re hosting turkey day for the first time, or a seasoned pro from last year – This FREE printable Thanksgiving food list PDF will make your grocery shopping sooo much easier!
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays! I think it’s the combination of the good food, roasted turkey, and pumpkin pie that makes it so great!
If this is your first Thanksgiving where you will be the host, we’ve also included the Thanksgiving grocery list items below to make your holiday menu easier to shop for!
More FREE Printables for a Stress-Free Thanksgiving:
Table of Contents
- FREE Printable Thanksgiving Meal Planner PDF File
- FREE Printable Thanksgiving Cards – 2023 PDF File
- 17 Amazing Thanksgiving Mental Health Activities (You’ve Never Thought Of!)
Traditional Thanksgiving Menu List 2023
Make your trip to the grocery store easier by organizing what you need ahead of time!
That’s why we are including this traditional thanksgiving menu list to help you go through and organize what you may or may not need on the big day!
There is plenty of space to write in extra things you may need for your entire meal, as every family has different Thanksgiving recipes and traditions!
“This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.” Click here for my full disclaimer/affiliate policy.
Thanksgiving Dinner Checklist:
Don’t wait until the week of Thanksgiving to realize you haven’t gotten all of your ingredients for your thanksgiving recipes.
Since this is the biggest meal of the year, you’ll want to start your planning early! You don’t want to be making a last-minute trip to the store on the day of Thanksgiving!
Main Course Meats
- Whole Moist Turkey (Of Course!) – Pro Tip: Thanksgiving turkeys sell out fast! Buy yours early and keep in the freezer! You can also get a turkey breast if your Thanksgiving guest list is smaller!
- Spiral Honey-Baked Ham (Some people don’t like turkey even though it makes great Thanksgiving leftovers!)
- Bacon (For some of the BEST Thanksgiving side dishes ever!)
- Potatoes (Don’t forget the mashed potatoes, yams, or sweet potatoes!)
- Greens (Green Salad, Kale, or Spinach Recipes)
- Green Beans (For your famous green bean casserole!)
- Citrus Fruits (Oranges, Lemons)
- Fresh Pumpkin (For your famous pumpkin pie recipe!)
- Fresh Cranberries (If you can find them!)
- Apples (For your amazing apple pie!)
- Cherries (For all your guests who prefer cherry pie at the end of their big meal!)
Baking Ingredients for Thanksgiving Day Dessert Recipes
- Brown Sugar
- Marshmallows (Probably mini-marshmallows for yams or sweet potato pie recipes!)
- Rolls (Store bought or homemade!)
- Day Old Bread (For croutons, stuffing, or bread pudding)
- Jam or Jellies
Herbs & Spices (Your Thanksgiving dinner menu won’t be the same without these!)
- Cinnamon (Powdered & Cinnamon Sticks)
- Bay Leaves
- Fresh Sage
- Fresh Thyme
- Black Pepper
- Juniper Berries
- Evaporated Milk
- Heavy Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Cream Cheese
Canned Foods/Packaged Foods
- Dry Noodles
- Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- Chicken Broth
- Vegetable Broth
- French’s Crispy Fried Onions
- Canned Pumpkin Pie Filling
- Canned Cranberry
- Canned Apple Pie Filling
- Canned Blueberry Pie Filling
- Canned Cherry Pie Filling
- Salad Dressing
Pantry Food Lists
- Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, Canola Oil, Avocado Oil
Thanksgiving Day Drink Ideas
- Egg Nog
- Spiced Rum (For adult egg nog!)
- Hot Buttered Rum
- Apple Cider
- Hot Apple Cider Served with Oranges Slices, Cinnamon Sticks, and Cloves
- Hot Chocolate with Mini Marshmallows
- Beer (Some men just won’t change! LOL!)
- Sparkling Apple Cider
- Sparkling Water
- Filtered or Spring Water with Lemon Slices
What Wine Goes Best with Thanksgiving Turkey? (White Wines)
Although there are dozens of varieties of white wine, Sauvignon Blanc is generally considered to be the best wine to go with turkey. But, I prefer Pinot Grigio, or Pinot Gris with my white meats like turkey or chicken. It is not too dry and not too fruity, which tend to give people terrible headaches if they have too much… Which let’s face it, Thanksgiving is the perfect time to eat and drink to excess!
Make sure to give yourself plenty of time to pick up your wine or other adult beverages this holiday season as some places only sell certain types of alcoholic beverages in special stores that are not open for Holiday hours.
Get the FREE Printable Thanksgiving Food List PDF (2023)
This FREE printable Thanksgiving shopping checklist includes space for every Thanksgiving dinner menu item we could think of!
Quickly make your Thanksgiving food list by adding the recipes you’re serving, and highlighting items in the food list that you’ll need from the grocery store!
Take all the hard work out of your Thanksgiving Day meal planning, and use our handy checklist instead!
Click to Download the FREE Printable Thanksgiving Shopping List PDF Digital File here!
FREE Printable Thanksgiving Food List PDF (2023): Synopsis
Thanksgiving is a great time to try a new recipe or stick to some traditional meals! Either way, hosting Thanksgiving Day dinner is a lot of work from setting the dinner table to planning your recipe cards and cooking schedule.
But, with a little planning and giving yourself enough time to prep dishes in advance, you’ll ensure that your guests have a great place to celebrate the magic of the Thanksgiving season!
Another great way to be a Thanksgiving meal super host is ensuring that your friends and family have plenty of comfortable chairs, couches, recliners, and blankets to lounge out on after their very large meal!
Also, make sure to bookmark these FREE printable Thanksgiving checklists to get a jump start on next year!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!